Welcome to Sharon's Blog!

Saturday, October 14, 2006

The end of the holiday! :(

Well, it's my last day in Spain!! I'm flying out of Jerez de la Fronteria, so drove to the town to have a look around. They have a Alcazbar there as well, from about 1000 years ago. It had a small mosque.....
After the Arabs were defeated in Spain, the local aristocrats took over the site and built a big pink palace and some lovely gardens......
This is the view from the top of the palace.....
I used the last few hours with my beloved Kia Picante to drive inland from Jerez, to another small town, built on a hill with an old Arab Alcazbar! I can't remember the name but it was really pretty and quite dramatic, as it was very hilly and had lots of tiny winding streets.
Well, sadly that's the end of my Spain trip!! I will go back a few months to the summer trip next, and start again where i left off..... in Poland!