Welcome to Sharon's Blog!

Monday, October 09, 2006

more lovely beaches!!

So after Granada I drove along the coast to the west, heading for the part of SPain that is closest to Morocco. You can catch ferries from places like Algericas, Tarifa and Gibraltar to Morocco, although the coast of Africa is so close in these places it looks like you could swim over! I had a bit of a sticky beak at Gibraltar....the rock is quite a sight! much bigger than i expected, and sort of rises out of the flat land around it really suddenly and unexpectedly....
I stayed at a gorgeous tiny beach town called Bolonia for 3 nights.... I loved it there!! Not only a beautiful beach but the ruins of a Roman town right beside the beach!! (more on that in the next entry...). The beaches in this part of Spain really reminded me of the beaches at home....

I spent my time in this area driving around and exploring other little towns. Another one of my favourites was Cano las Meca......