Welcome to Sharon's Blog!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Hi again everyone! I'm going to attempt to update this to include my latest travels and some of the photos. fingers crossed it all works!!!
well, summer holidays arrived again here in sunny london and i decided to head to europe for it. My mates from home (Hello there Swainey and FiFi!) were already in Europe but due to fly back to Oz soon, so i flew to Holland to meet them and stayed with Swaineys Dutch family. We launched ourselves onto the Dutch and German roads, thanks to Swainey and FiFi's hire car! First stop was Magdeburg, a pretty little town in the middle of Germany, a few hours outside Berlin. Swainey did a magnificent job driving on the autobahns, despite constant girly catch up chatter from me and Fi, and my amusement and constant repetition of the word 'Ausfart'- to be found at autobahn exits all over Germany! Next was onto Berlin, where Swainey and FiFi became my own personal tour guides, and showed me all the sights of Berlin, as they had been there earlier on their trip. I really really liked Berlin, it is such a vibrant, lively place!Everywhere you turn there is something new to see and learn about, and i get the impression that there are so many open air arty things that are constantly changing, It would feel like a different city each time you visited!
Brandenburg gate Checkpoint Charlie Holocaust memorial
Berliner Dom
Ok, im having a few issues getting more photos on here, so will post this now and continue the adventures in the next post.